I Am On the Dole and Can't Get Off

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Zen and Green Bean Casserole


There is a Zen proverb about a tree in the forest. Something like if it falls and no one hears it –is there sound? I was thinking "If I Blog and no one reads it-is there a Blog?". I became intent on finding the phrase that was in my mind. I went to Maximum Bliss and did not find the quote I was seeking. This one will do.

The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there
-
Yasutani Roshi

All this Zen mumbling is a sort of protection. I am hesitating to record the grayness of the day. The paradox is I do not want anyone to read this and I do. No I have not heard from my Congresswoman. No, I have not received my Food Stamps. Yes, I am worried. I sit here in inaction. I cannot even bear to hear the recording on the phone another time. I think when I turned over the situation to my Congresswoman-I gave up. I gave up and yet I care that I have no food for Thanksgiving. Yes, today it’s a pathetic Thanksgiving Story and I cannot believe I am the subject.

There was an ad on TV from a church giving away 3000 turkeys. All you had to do was sign up. I don’t want a damned turkey. I want dignity. I would like to go to the store. I want to make the dreaded Green Bean Casserole to bring to my Daughters’ Thanksgiving. That is not even to mention eating. I am one angry client08889972 today.

1 Comments:

  • Hi,

    Really nice article, i like it .
    But for this form its better : The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here for what ?
    Have a nice days.

    Runtag - Creole food

    By Blogger RUNTAG, at 4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home